The Iloilo Provincial Health Office (PHO) yesterday confirmed that the province has recorded eight additional cases of the Delta variant of COVID-19.
“So, may ara kita walo ka mga Delta cases nga na-include sa datus sang province of Iloilo. Sa eight cases, only one ang active, atong sa Santa Barbara and the rest recovered na,” said PHO acting head, Dr. Ma. Socorro-Colmenares Quiñon.
These new cases include the following:
- 23-year-old female health worker from San Joaquin, fully recovered
- 26-year-old male locally stranded individual from Alimodian, fully recovered
- 37-year-old female nurse from Pavia who is working at a hospital in Iloilo City, fully recovered
- 37-year-old female from Banate who is working as maintenance personnel at a hospital in Iloilo City, fully recovered
- 53-year old male from Oton who is the husband of a nurse working in Iloilo City hospital, fully recovered
- 20-year-old male from Oton who is the son of a nurse working in Iloilo City hospital, fully recovered
- 36-year-old male returning overseas Filipino worker from Concepcion, fully recovered.
- 23-year-old male maintenance personnel from Santa Barbara assigned at a hospital in Iloilo City, still an active case
“Most likely ari na gid ya sa aton ang Delta variant, nagalibot-libot lang. That’s why nga careful lang sa gihapon. Amo gid lang na ang akon panawagan kag ayo bi sa tanan i-paumod lang gid anay kay mas lala subong ang sitwasyon kay indi ta kabalo kon ano nga variant,” Quiñon added.
As of this writing, municipal health officers are still conducting backtracking to identify the possible close contacts of the eight new Delta cases. (Ime Sornito)/WDJ