Minors in NegOcc still not allowed to go out

Posted by watchmen
July 13, 2021
Posted in HEADLINE
By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga
Negros Occidental Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson said yesterday that minors in the province are still prohibited from going outdoors even though the National Inter-Agency Task Force (NIATF) has issued new protocols allowing individuals aged 18 years old below to go out.
In a phone interview, Lacson said he will first consult with the Provincial Incident Management Team (PIMT) over the matter and discuss which areas minors will be allowed outdoors.
Last week, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque announced that the NIATF has allowed children aged five and above in outdoor areas like al fresco dining establishments, outdoor tourist sites, beaches, hiking trails, and playgrounds.
However, other outdoor areas such as malls are still off-limits to children.
In Bacolod City, Dr. Chris Sorongon, deputy for medical data and analysis for the city’s Emergency Operations Center, said a status quo will still be observed under Executive Order No. 35, which means all minors are still prohibited from going outdoors.
Sorongon explained the reason why the status quo will remain is because the city is still under the stricter general community quarantine and due to the recent surge of COVID-19 cases in the city./DGB, WDJ

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *