By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga
Hinoba-an town Mayor Ernesto Estrao confirmed that he is under a seven-day isolation in their home.
This comes after he had come in contact with Pontevedra Mayor Jose Maria Alonso in a meeting last week at the Negros Residences.
Estrao said that he was on the same table with Alonso during the meeting.
“When I went home our municipal health officer advised me to go in isolation for seven days,” the mayor said.
He added that he feels okay and had not shown any symptoms.
Alonso is the second local chief executive in Negros Occidental to contract the infectious illness. He had his specimens collected for testing on September 23 after his wife became sick and eventually tested positive for the virus.
The Pontevedra mayor is asymptomatic while his wife is now recovering and no longer exhibiting symptoms of the viral disease.
Previously, Mayor Marvin Malacon of E.B. Magalona town was also infected with Covid-19, although he later recovered after undergoing treatment at a hospital in Bacolod City.
Meanwhile, provincial administrator, Atty. Rayfrando Diaz, confirmed that five mayors personally attended the meeting with the representatives of Philippine Regional Municipal Development Project of the World Bank.
Aside from Estrao and Alonso, also present at the meeting were Candoni Mayor Cicero Borromeo, Valladolid Mayor Enrique Miravalles and Moises Padilla Ella Celestina Yulo, Diaz said.
He added that five other mayors, beneficiaries of a World Bank grant attended the meeting online./DGB, WDJ