CAPELCO lineman dies of electrocution

Posted by watchmen
January 8, 2020

A lineman of Capiz Electric Cooperative (CAPELCO) was electrocuted around 3:00 p.m. on Monday at Barangay Malocloc Sur in Capiz province’s Ivisan town.

Jose Pablo Biaco, 31, a resident of Dumalag, Capiz, was fixing an electrical line devastated by typhoon “Ursula” when he accidentally touched the mainline after losing his balance while securing his position up the electrical post.

“Gin-unlock niya iya safety belt para kaayohon iya position kabangdanan nga na-outbalance sia kag natandog niya ang live wire sang koryente resulta nga nahulog sia sa poste,” CAPELCO General Manager Edgar Diaz said.

Biaco sustained a third-degree burn on his left hand and some parts of his body due to another cable wire contact along the fall. He was then brought to Roxas City’s Saint Anthony Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival by attending physician. He expired halfway to the hospital, Diaz added./WDJ

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *