Thousands of commuters affected by bus service interruption

Posted by watchmen
August 8, 2019
Posted in HEADLINE

Ousted Vallacar chief takes over Bacolod South Terminal
By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga

Thousands traveling between Bacolod City and southern Negros were affected after Vallacar Transit Inc. (VTI), parent company of the Ceres bus liner, halted operations at the Bacolod South Terminal. Service was suspended after acting Philippine National Police-Supervisory Office for Security and Investigation Agencies (PNP-SOSIA) chief, Police Colonel Michael John Dubria, reinstated the AGNSA security firm at the transit hub.
The security firm was previously ejected and replaced by AY-76 Security Specialist Inc. after Roy Yanson assumed presidency of the transit company. According to Dubria, the firm was not in compliance with PNP-SOSIA provisions.
As the reinstated security firm gained control of 90 percent of the complex, the company president, along with his sister, Celina Yanson-Lopez, and their supporters, retreated to the rear of the administration building. The building was later cut off from electricity, water, and food as Yanson-Lopez later suspended operations.
A fist fight also broke out between the company president’s supporters and AGNSA personnel, which was eventually broken up upon the arrival of Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) director, Police Colonel Henry Biñas.
BCPO, Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office, and Police Regional Office-6 personnel ordered all travelers and employees to remain outside the complex as police stood guard in anti-riot gear.
Meanwhile, Atty. Norman Golez, legal counsel to ousted VTI president Leo Rey Yanson, said the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group tried convincing Roy Yanson and his camp to vacate the premises. He said his client wanted to resume operations but was unable as the incumbent company chief still controlled the administration building.
He also acknowledged the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board earlier calling for VTI to resume trips or risk a “government takeover.”
“If that is the law then we have to comply,” Golez said. “Nobody wants it but if the government says they want to do it, I guess we have to take it from there.”
The ousted company president’s attorney also noted, both camps tried to negotiate with Roy Yanson proposing to divide operations with him taking control of the Visayas and his brother overseeing Mindanao. However, talks broke down as the company president’s camp refused his predecessor’s counter-offer of an amicable settlement with all charges filed before the court dropped.
On behalf of Leo Rey Yanson, Golez apologized to the riding public for the inconvenience and affirmed operations will resume once they have full control of the entire terminal complex.
Earlier, Roy Yanson’s camp referred to the security firm’s reinstatement as an “illegal takeover” and accused the ousted president of using “gimmicks.”/DGB, WDJ

Thousands traveling between Bacolod City and southern Negros were affected after VTI, parent company of the Ceres bus liber, halted operations at the Bacolod South Terminal. (Mymy Alagaban photo)
BCPO, NOPPO, and PRO-6 personnel ordered all travelers and employees to remain outside the complex as police stood guard in anti-riot gear. (Mymy Alagaban photo)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *