Dengue deaths in Negros Occidental reach 14

Posted by watchmen
August 2, 2017
Posted in TOP STORIES

By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga

The number of dengue deaths in Negros Occidental has risen to 14 since January of this year.
Provincial Health Office (PHO) head, Dr. Ernell Tumimbang, said the latest fatality was a resident of Barangay Mambulac, Silay City.
The latest data released by the PHO showed San Carlos City with the highest number of dengue-related deaths with four, followed by Sagay City and Kabankalan City with two each.
Tumimbang said, based on monitoring by the Dengue Death Review Team, the first four to die from dengue had acquired the virus for the first time.
The Dengue Death Review Team was recently created by the PHO in order to closely study the rise of deaths due to dengue, despite the number of cases dropping this year as compared to the same period last year.
Tumimbang said they suspect victims died because of late referrals and may have been brought to the hospital already in the late stages of infection./WDJ

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *