By CESAR JOLITO III
A barangay councilor in Bacolod City’s Barangay 28 is set to pursue administrative complaints against their village chief following an alleged heated confrontation during a barangay session earlier this month.
Councilor Ricardo Ciocon confirmed that he has already filed a blotter report regarding the incident that allegedly occurred during their session on May 8.
He added that a complaint has been submitted to the Department of the Interior and Local Government, while another complaint is being prepared for filing before the Office of the Ombudsman.
Ciocon said the dispute stemmed from discussions on the removal of the coffee stall after the City Legal Office (CLO) reportedly issued a notice ordering its dismantling.
He said Barangay Captain Francisco Ilon allegedly threatened to punch him amid an argument involving a coffee stall reportedly owned by Ciocon’s relative and situated near a drainage gutter.
During the session, the councilor reportedly argued that the barangay should also set an example by removing a tanod outpost that he claimed was also obstructing a roadway.
Ciocon claimed that fellow councilor Dave Gutierrez allegedly challenged him to a fight.
He nevertheless assured authorities that they would comply with the CLO directive regarding the removal of the coffee stall.
In a separate interview, Ilon denied the allegations that he challenged or threatened Ciocon during the session.
The barangay captain also clarified that the coffee stall does not belong to Ciocon personally.
Ilon further explained that the tanod outpost being questioned by Ciocon stands on private property, disputing claims that it is obstructing public roads.
The incident has since sparked tension within the barangay council as the administrative complaints move forward./CJ, WDJ