Beheaded drug suspect abducted an hour before being killed

Posted by watchmen
September 3, 2021

By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga

The drug suspect who was shot, stabbed and beheaded in Bacolod City last Tuesday night was abducted first based on new testimony provided by the victim’s house helper.

Police Station 1 commander, Police Major Ramel Sarona, said house helper of Glenn Paul Castillo claimed that four unidentified men riding a van arrived at the victim’s house at Deca Homes Subdivision in Barangay Cabug on Tuesday night.

The suspects ordered the house helper to pick up Castillo’s nine-month-old child and go inside the room of the victim’s vape shop.

Castillo, meanwhile, did not resist the suspects and immediately went inside their vehicle.

When the suspects drove off, the house helper immediately called one of Castillo’s friends informing them that he had been taken away by unidentified individuals.

Sarona said the abduction incident happened at least an hour before Castillo was beheaded and dumped at the city’s Rosario Street in Barangay 38.

Castillo’s head was later recovered at Purok Sigay in the city’s Barangay 2, at least three kilometers away from where his remains were left.

Meanwhile in an interview with Bombo Radyo-Bacolod, Police Station 9 commander, Police Major Ritchie Gohee, said Castillo’s live-in partner, Analie Baldevieso, is still detained at their police station.

Both Castillo and Baldevieso were arrested in a buy-bust operation last August 22, although Castillo managed to post bail for the illegal drug charges last August 27.

According to Gohee, during the night of Castillo’s murder, they did not receive any information of an abduction in the area of Barangay Cabug.

However, upon hearing of the incident involving the victim, he immediately ordered his men to visit Castillo’s house, although upon arrival they discovered that there was nobody home and they were unable to reach the victim’s mobile phone when they called it.

Gohee said they tried to show Castillo’s head to Baldevieso in an attempt to identify his remains, however, she refused to look at it. He said the victim’s live-in partner is currently distraught with what happened.

He also revealed that hours prior to the incident, Castillo was still able to visit Baldevieso in the station’s jail, bringing her lunch.

At that time, Castillo was described to still have long hair which matched his earlier mugshot on August 22 during his arrest, although Baldevieso told Gohee that the victim stated that he will have a haircut right after the visit.

When police recovered the victim’s head, it was noted that his hair was already short.

Police are still continuing their investigation into the incident and are currently looking at retribution as a motive.

They are also investigating if Castillo’s death was also connected to the murder of Police Staff Sgt. Joseph Nepomuceno which took place last Sunday afternoon, August 28, at the same location where Castillo’s remains were dumped.

is one of the anti-drug operatives involved in Castillo’s arrest last August 22./DGB, WDJ


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *