Senior dies after being crushed, electrocuted by fallen refrigerator

Posted by watchmen
August 19, 2021

By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga

A 62-year-old man was killed after he was reportedly crushed and electrocuted by a fallen refrigerator at his home in Silay City’s Barangay Balaring last Monday, August 16.

Authorities identified the fatality as Ernie Buyer, a resident of Sitio Mambag-ed in the said barangay.

Based on investigation carried out by the Silay City police, the victim was opening the refrigerator when its wooden stand collapsed causing it to fall over to the victim.

The water stored on the refrigerator also spilled which caused the senior to get electrocuted.

The victim’s neighbors tried to rescue Buyer, but they too were forced to back off after also being electrocuted.

The refrigerator’s plug was later removed and neighbors rushed Buyer to the Teresita Lopez Jalandoni Provincial Hospital for treatment, but he was declared dead-on-arrival by hospital staff./DGB, WDJ

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *