By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga
Provincial administrator Rayfrando Diaz yesterday said the Negros Occidental provincial government will do what it can as the province remains under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) until June 30 despite the continued spike in COVID-19 cases.
According to Diaz, they respect the decision of the National Inter-Agency Task Force (NIATF) and “live with it.”
“We’ll do the best we can by using the available resources, manpower, and medical experts to get by and survive,” Diaz said.
He said they are not expecting an escalation in the province’s quarantine status since in the past the NIATF has denied the province’s requests for a stricter quarantine status.
“They have their own basis and qualification standards, then kung ano man na sya we have to comply. Even Cebu was ordered to comply with NIATF protocols,” Diaz added.
Earlier on Monday night, President Rodrigo Duterte announced the new quarantine classifications for June 16 to June 30.
Negros Occidental, including its capital the lone district of Bacolod City, will remain under MGCQ status./DGB, WDJ