By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga
The Intelligence Division of the Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office (NOPPO) said the high-value drug seizures last month in the province’s San Carlos City, Sibulan town in Negros Oriental and Cebu City have all originated from Mindanao.
Based on police investigation, the illegal drugs, placed in tea bags, were owned by a certain drug group operating in San Carlos City.
In a separate radio interview, Police Major Mark Junco, San Carlos City police chief, said the drugs entered Negros via the Port of Dumaguete City.
These were then transported to San Carlos City, where one of the shipments valued at P47.6 million was sent to Cebu City. The shipment was later intercepted by antidrug operatives from the Police Regional Office 7 (PRO-7) and the Cebu City Police Office on September 21.
Earlier, PRO-7 director, Police Brigadier General Albert Ignatius Ferro stated the supply of illegal drugs came from a certain Rustico Ygot, who is currently detained at the Zamboanga Penal Colony for drug-related charges.
The operation in Cebu City was quickly followed by another related anti-drug operation in Negros, which resulted to the arrest of a high-value drug target and the death of a drug suspect.
The operation in Negros yielded a total value of P27.6 million of shabu./DGB, WDJ