The Diocese of Bacolod has again ordered a suspension of masses within Bacolod City following the city’s return to the general community quarantine (GCQ).
In a letter by the Diocese of Bacolod Bishop Patricio Buzon, he said the masses will be suspended from September 3 until September 15.
However, funeral masses and other celebrations of the sacraments shall continue provided that only 10 persons are to participate and that existing health protocols are strictly observed.
Buzon said the suspension is the diocese’s answer to the continuing plea for help from frontliners given the increasing number of Covid-19 cases in the city, as well as following the city government’s Executive Order No.57.
“The Diocese hopes that this gesture of solidarity and cooperation will help flatten the curve of the COVID-19 infection in Bacolod City,” the bishop added.
Last month, Buzon also suspended the celebration of masses from August 24 to Augusto 30, in response to the call for help made by the medical societies in Bacolod and Negros with regard to limiting mass mobility and gatherings as concrete measures of addressing the continuing spike in the number of Covid-19 cases./DGB, WDJ