PRO-6: Nearly 300 arrested under updated ‘Tokhang’ since January 1

Posted by watchmen
February 12, 2018
Posted in HEADLINE

Police Regional Office-6 (PRO-6) director, Police Chief Superintendent Cesar Hawthorne Binag, recently reported a total 297 drug personalities were arrested throughout the region between January 1 and February 5, which he credited to the updated Oplan Tokhang. Negros Occidental produced the highest number of arrests with 222. Among those apprehended, 126 were from Bacolod City. …

Read More

Rookie cop cut in half by cane truck in La Carlota City

Posted by watchmen
February 12, 2018
Posted in HEADLINE

By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga   A rookie police officer was declared dead on the spot after he was cut in half by a cane truck in Barangay La Granja, La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, late Friday evening. Police identified the fatality as Police Officer 1 (PO1) Rowell Baluyot, a 25-year-old resident of La Carlota City, …

Read More

Teachers’ organization makes demands before agreeing to man polling stations

Posted by watchmen
February 12, 2018
Posted in HEADLINE

By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga   With recent reports by the Bacolod City Commission on Elections (Comelec) claiming a lack of teachers to man polling stations for the upcoming May 14 barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) elections, the Negros Occidental chapter of the Alliance of Concerned Teachers (ACT) said the Comelec must address several concerns. In a …

Read More

No reason for police officers to sleep on the job –PRO-6

Posted by watchmen
February 12, 2018
Posted in HEADLINE

By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga   In response to incidents in Metro Manila last week, where cops were either found drinking or sleeping inside the police stations, in addition to last March, when six Police Station 10 (PS10) cops were caught sleeping on the job, PRO-6 spokesperson, Police Superintendent Gilbert Gorero, said there is no …

Read More

DOLE ban on worker deployments to Kuwait begins today

Posted by watchmen
February 12, 2018
Posted in HEADLINE

President to repatriate workers within 72 hours By Paulo Loreto Lim   After the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) suspended the deployment of overseas Filipino workers (OFW) to Kuwait last month, following reports surrounding the deaths of several migrant workers, a “total deployment ban” will be formally ordered today, February 12, by DOLE Secretary Silvestre Bello …

Read More

Attempted rape prompts City Government to install lights along raised crosswalk

Posted by watchmen
February 12, 2018
Posted in TOP STORIES

By Joland Jose Abraham, Intern   The Bacolod City government recently installed three fluorescent lamps on the raised crosswalk along Lacson Street in Bacolod City’s Barangay Mandalagan in response to reports of an attempted rape that recently took place along the pathway. According to reports, the lamps have been functioning since Saturday. As of press …

Read More

Newly-identified drug personality, two others nabbed in Banago

Posted by watchmen
February 12, 2018
Posted in TOP STORIES

By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga   A newly-identified street-level drug target, along with two others, were arrested yesterday morning in a buy-bust operation conducted by Police Station 3 (PS3) at Purok Paraiso, Sitio Sibucao in Barangay Banago, Bacolod City. Police identified the target of the operation as 31-year-old Hazel Poja Gomez, a resident of the …

Read More

‘Hot meat’ seized in Singcang-Airport

Posted by watchmen
February 12, 2018
Posted in TOP STORIES

By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga   65 kilos of ‘hot meat,’ which refers to meat that was illegally slaughtered, were seized over the weekend after Task Force Botagoy inspected meat stalls and butcher shops in Bacolod City’s Barangay Singcang-Airport. Task Force Botagoy head Rex Juplo said the meat was seized from 20-year-old meat seller Resty …

Read More

Road safety seminar under consideration by local task force

Posted by watchmen
February 12, 2018
Posted in TOP STORIES

By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga   Local anti-crime and anti-corruption group Task Force Kasanag (TFK) yesterday revealed a road safety seminar for their 500 members is currently under consideration after 120 of their members underwent a similar seminar over the weekend, conducted by the Highway Patrol Group (HPG). Meanwhile, another 136 members attended a separate …

Read More

Monitoring team created to track down illegal quarry operations

Posted by watchmen
February 12, 2018
Posted in TOP STORIES

By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga    After Kabankalan City quarry operator Melvin Ibañez was accused of issuing fake quarry coupons, which were used for the extraction and delivery of sand and gravel by private operators, the Negros Occidental provincial government has since created a multi-sectoral monitoring team to ensure the protection of the environment and …

Read More