Bacolod City requires firecracker manufacturers, vendors to attend safety seminar

Posted by watchmen
September 12, 2017

By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga

According to Executive Assistant Ernie Pineda, the Bacolod City government yesterday announced all firecracker manufacturers and vendors will be required to attend a safety seminar before they can proceed with their firecracker and pyrotechnics activities for December.
Pineda reported around 77 members of the Bacolod Vendors Firecrackers Association have already attended the said seminars.
He noted, last year, the rear portion of the Pope John Paul II Tower, at the reclamation area, was designated for the sale of firecrackers. The city executive assistant said they are currently awaiting a decision from the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) on a location for this year.
Earlier this year, President Rodrigo Duterte signed an executive order limiting the use of firecrackers to “community fireworks displays” and to enact stricter regulations on firecracker manufacturing./WDJ

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *