By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga
Negros Occidental provincial administrator, Atty. Rayfrando Diaz, yesterday expressed that they are adamant in following the proper guidelines before they could allow the resumption of bus trips between the province and Negros Oriental.
According to Diaz, several mayors in the province such as Mayor Ernesto Estrao of Hinoba-an, Sipalay City Mayor Maria Gina Lizares and Kabankalan City Mayor Pedro Zayco Jr. had been calling them inquiring about the resumption of trips.
However, Diaz again stated that they are still waiting for the final proposals so that travel between the two provinces are well organized.
“Our objective diri is to make sure nga ang mga gasulod diri is either bakunado or negative sa RT-PCR test,” Diaz said.
He pointed out their hard work in controlling the cases of COVID-19 will be in vain if they would allow unregulated travel.
“We still have to take care of our public health, the virus is still there,” he said.
Diaz said they want information as to how many routes and how many buses are going to be used for Vallacar Transit Incorporated for the resumption of trips.
He further stressed that they want to get hold of the passenger manifest for monitoring purposes, and that the trips will be point-to-point to avoid any random passengers who have not passed their travel documents via the S-PaSS system.
At present, Negros Occidental still requires registering via the S-PaSS system, while Negros Oriental no longer requires such as system.
Travelers heading to Negros Occidental must present either their valid vaccination card or negative RT-PCR test via the S-PaSS system.
Negros Oriental, meanwhile, only requires either a vaccination card for fully-vaccinated individuals, or a negative RT-PCR test result for unvaccinated individuals.
“Ang aton [ginapangita] is ang details, where are the details? We cannot be reckless,” he added.
On Tuesday, the provincial government of Negros Oriental has allowed the resumption of bus trips to Negros Occidental after the province was downgraded to the less restrictive Alert Level 2 status.
Bimbo Miraflor, spokesperson for the Negros Oriental capitol, said Governor Roel Degamo has signed Executive Order No. 44 adopting the guidelines of the National Inter-Agency Task Force./DGB, WDJ