By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga
Two persons were killed in separate shooting incidents yesterday morning in Bacolod City’s Barangay 32 and along the circumferential road in Barangay Tangub.
Authorities identified the fatalities as 23-year-old Angelica Montalvo, a resident of Purok Lison in the city’s Barangay 1 and 62-year-old Jerome Centos, a resident of the city’s Barangay 29.
The first incident occurred at around 7:00 a.m. when Montalvo along with her 40-year-old live-in partner Mark Carson Epsilon, visited a clinic along the city’s B.S. Aquino Drive.
As they were about to leave their car, an unidentified gunman wearing a face mask suddenly entered the vehicle and pointed his firearm at the two.
Police said the gunman then declared a hold-up and ordered Epsilon to drive to Barangay Cabug.
Upon reaching a subdivision located along the circumferential road in Barangay Tangub, the gunman ordered Epsilon to stop the car and then proceeded to shoot Montalvo in the head.
The gunman immediately boarded a waiting motorcycle, while Epsilon immediately sped his vehicle to the Bacolod Adventist Medical Center where Montalvo was declared dead-on-arrival by hospital staff.
The suspect carted away the victims’ mobile phones along with other valuables, police report said.
Meanwhile, at around 9:00 a.m. in Barangay 32, Centos, who was hanging around a local sari-sari store, was gunned down by unidentified gunmen riding a red Toyota Innova.
Information has also surfaced that Centos was working as an asset for the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) in Bacolod.
Close circuit television footage also further revealed that the vehicle used by the suspects had been spotted returning in the area repeatedly since Tuesday.
As of this writing, police are still investigating the incidents./DGB, WDJ