Bacolod Public Plaza flower vendors to be transferred this month

Posted by watchmen
November 8, 2018
Posted in TOP STORIES

By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga

 

Flower vendors based at the Bacolod Public Plaza, who the city government claimed were vacated last year, are scheduled to be transferred to an area towards the rear of the BAYS Center, located along Ferrero Street in the reclamation area.

Bacolod Plaza Flower Vendors Association President Glen Amar said they asked City Administrator John Orola to schedule the move for tomorrow, November 9, as the newly-designated area is still without electricity and water, which the organization expects the city to provide.

According to reports from September of last year, after announcing plans to vacate illegal settlers from the Vendor’s Plaza, Orola also said an area would be set aside as a public utility vehicle terminal, along with accommodating for food vendors and the flower vendors who were reportedly removed from the Bacolod Public Plaza.

The Bacolod City Sangguniang Panlungsod earlier passed a resolution requesting Bacolod City Mayor Evelio Leonardia to conduct the relocation to the BAYS Center.

The 18 flower vendors operating at the plaza were earlier ordered to vacate last week./DGB, WDJ

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *