Mango inventory underway –Tourism Officer
By Paulo Loreto Lim
Amid preparations for the upcoming Guimaras Manggahan Festival, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, Guimaras tourism officer-in-charge Liberty Ferrer recently revealed an inventory of mangoes is currently underway as the province plans on enhancing events for the annual event that celebrates the fruit the province is famous for.
She noted, last year, the province recorded 60,000 tourist arrivals for the festival. The tourism officer said Guimaras is preparing for a number closer to 100,000 this year.
“We’re [targeting] an increase of 15 percent in our tourist arrivals,” said Ferrer.
The Manggahan sa Kabanwahanan is scheduled to begin on April 2, which will travel the province and present festival highlights.
Among the well-known activities of the festival include the all-you-can-eat mango eating events.
This year’s festivities are scheduled to run from May 11 to 22./PLL, WDJ