By Dominique Gabriel G. Bañaga
In a supplemental affidavit released to the media over the weekend, former Berya drug group member Ricky Serenio claimed Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office (NOPPO) director, Police Senior Superintendent William Señoron, split drug money with police chiefs throughout the province and also has links to slain Iloilo drug lord Melvin Odicta, Sr.
The recently-freed drug personality recounted a 2015 arrest in La Carlota City, where he claims the police chief at the time demanded P20,000 in protection money, to which he obliged. He noted it was later increased to P50,000 after Señoron was appointed to the directorship, claiming the additional P30,000 went to the new director.
He also noted the police chief pushed for the relief of his deputy, Police Inspector Junji Liba, claiming he would not accept the bribe money and was “antagonistic” to the drug group.
Serenio added the police chiefs in Cadiz and Himamaylan both received P50,000, who also allegedly split the money with Señoron, with the former vowing not to raid any local dealers.
He also claimed the NOPPO director is receiving money from other drug lords, totaling P1.2 million, and that he was linked to slain Iloilo drug lord Melvin Odicta when he was serving as Regional Intelligence Unit-6 (RIU-6) head.
Among other divisions of law enforcement, Serenio alleged officers of the Bacolod City Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) receive P30,000 and P50,000; those at the Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) receive P20,000 and P30,000; and National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) personnel receive P30,000, with the money split with a police officer of Police Station 7 (PS7), who was already receiving P80,000 a month in protection money.
He also discussed how illegal drugs are distributed throughout Negros Occidental, named his source as a certain Mindanao-based drug lord “Camaria,” along with upping the amount of shabu received every month to 35 kilograms.
In his initial affidavit, he purported to receive a monthly 25 kilograms.
Serenio said local dealers in the cities of Cadiz and Kabankalan were each provided with five kilograms; dealers in La Carlota City, Murcia, Silay City, Talisay City, and Bago City were each given two; while 15 kilograms was provided to Bacolod City.
Due to the sensitivity of the allegations, Watchmen Daily Journal has decided not to directly name the individuals in the supplemental affidavit, pending reaction or if named by higher authorities.
Serenio was earlier arrested in Talisay City in January of this year, after the court issued an arrest warrant for the charge of grave coercion.
Following his arrest, Serenio revealed the links of cops, law enforcement agents, judges, and members of the media to the Berya drug group.
Señoron had already vehemently denied the allegations, while Boy Gabuyao, a former employee of the NBI, is currently being probed by the agency for his suspected links.
Other cops named in Serenio’s previous affidavit have since been relieved from their posts and transferred to other police regional offices in Northern Luzon and Mindanao.
Serenio was released from prison last Thursday, after posting bail for his criminal charges. PRO-18 spokesperson, Police Senior Inspector Armilyn Vargas, said, although Serenio is temporarily free, he is currently at an undisclosed location in Pulupandan./WDJ